Founded in 1920, the NHAA are Australia’s oldest professional association of complementary therapists. Representing Western herbalists and naturopaths, we are the only national professional association specifically concerned with the practice and education of Western herbal medicine (WHM) in Australia. Our Vision is to:
- Enable practitioners and the practice of herbal and naturopathic medicine to become fully integrated into the primary healthcare system in Australia;
- Make herbal and naturopathic medicine accessible to all;
- Maintain the integrity of the profession;
- Continue to promote the standards and quality of education, of the profession;
- Make greater career opportunities and research pathways for herbalists and naturopaths;
- Continue the integration of traditional medicine and evolving science.
Abigail d’Hotman the practicing Medical Herbalist at FlashBack Health is a proud member of the NHAA. Abigail is a passionate advocate for professional registration of practicing herbalists and naturopaths